View Single Post
Old 02-27-2003, 11:01 PM   #113
GlingleglingleglingleFairy
Animated Skeleton

GlingleglingleglingleFairy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well I really have no idea, I'm from Auckland, New Zealand and the closest place in Middle Earth would probably be something like the Bay of Belfalas because there's pretty much sea everywhere. Although the are the Waitakere Ranges which are quite big hills I don't think any of the trees and bush is anything like what Tolkien knew. Also, coming down from the Waitakeres (to the west) there's black sand beaches which are wild and go really cool and misty in the rain but aren't anything like the idea I get about the beaches/sea in Middle Earth. The beauty there is far more alien and wild than Mirkwood. (Picture grey sea to the west, black sand at your feet, musky-looking dunes slightly east and dark, dark green bush that up close is all tangled and filled with ferns and trees.) So, that was my bit, the beach I was thinking of, by the by, when I wrote that is called Muriwai and if you've ever watched Xena on t.v, most of it was filmed there. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Some people prefer cupcakes. I for one care less for them.
GlingleglingleglingleFairy is offline   Reply With Quote