View Single Post
Old 07-06-2001, 07:40 AM   #48
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seeker of the Straight Path
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: A project ~~~~Revising the Fall of Gondolin

hmm, maybe everyone [but telchar ]is on vacation?

I propose that we begin a few things w/ actual work on the texts:
I&gt; begin inserting Jallanite's revisions into the Lost Tales version. then vote on the changes he felt were more questionable.

II&gt; Work on the difficult interchange between the UT and LT/77/IV versions where Tuor gives his message and see's the city etc. I propose calling this section 'the changeover' or ' CO' as I imagine reference to it will occur frequently for awhile.

III&gt; dividing the LT version into sections according to the previously given outline [pengolodh's ? Aiwendil's?] inserting the later material as needed, in rough form.

For each of the sections above 1-3 I suggest there be one or if more are interested 2 leaders , 1 of whom does the posting on the TFE forum [and will be the editor ] they will create the rough material that when finished we can all [sect. IV] make proposals and vote on ammendments.

IV&gt; go over everything / a fine tooth comb as above.

Sound workable?
Better idea's?
Want to head up a section?

-lindil

</p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote