View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 01:04 PM   #37
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Hama walked out of the doors of the inn, following Sandrina with interest more than concern. He saw her fall to her knees, and looked at Braedon. By Eru that man looked pale...He followed his gaze and saw the man running down the street. He swore silently under his breath and unstrapped his bow, fitted an arrow to it and fired roughly in the direction of the running man. Sandrina jumped at the sound, the others whirled around, looking at Hama who was standing, looking intently after his arrow.

It thudded to the ground in front of the man, who screeched to a halt for a moment, then looked over his shoulder and laughed and turned back to continue his running. Hama swore loudly, causing Sandrina to jump even more, and everyone else to raise at least one of their eyebrows. Hama knelt down on one knee in front of Sandrina, quickly replacing his bow as he did so, and took her head in both her hands, tilting it up so that she was looking at him. "Sandrina, if you need fresh horses, or weapons, or anything else from the Rohan armoury. You need only to ask. I can secure them from King Eomer. You will be perfectly safe as long as I am around to protect you. These men, your uncle and cousins, they will be punished so severely that it will make what happened to you look like a light fall." Hama smiled kindly as he said this, hoping that Sandrina would smile back, when she didn't he added, "You will have justice, I promise you that."