View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 03:33 PM   #185
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril The Very Secret Diary of Falafel, Noble Steed to the Royal Elven Lady Merisuwyniel

Day Two of some alternate timeline

A nice pickle we’ve gotten ourselves into! I’ve experienced some strange things in the course of my mistress’ adventures, but now we’re lost in more dimensions than we’ve ever experienced before! “O tempora, o mores!” is what my old friend Tofu would have said, him knowing Latin and all. What times these are – no respect for noble steeds. Why, they just let the vehicle go where it wants to, without the guidance of a superior intelligence!

And we, the high-born offspring of Fellofftheroof and other noble sires, are relegated to being transported in this crowded cart, hitched behind that long, mithril-coloured monster, which is in turn hitched behind the horseless carriage. I don’t know how they feel with small rag-tag dangling behind them, but the rag-tag is tired and will be glad to stop dangling and stretch its legs properly.

The worst part of all is that these strangers have dropped off my mistress and the other two-legged members of the LostInTimeShip, and now I’ll never see dear mistress again, and she was so wonderful and splendid. I wish I had gone with her, I do. But she is bold, and brave, and clever; she will find a way to get us away from this strange place – nasty unhealthy parts, evidently. Just look at the littered meadows beside the road! What use is a nice hard road if people ruin the grass next to it?! And what sense does it make to get somewhere fast if it’s not beautiful when you arrive there?!

Just what is it that Merisuwyniel and the others want to see on that field that smells of death, I wonder? Some learned master called Nietzschthelion said that the Creator of Muddled-Mirth is dead, but how would he know? And what logic is there in visiting a dead person anyway?

Well, I’m getting seasick, what with speeding around the curves of these streets – and my hoofwriting is all but illegible, so that’s enough for now. Maybe I should just sleep until Merisu awakes me for a morning ride back in our own age of the world…