View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #153
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
So as a rule of thumb the writers of the slave characters are encouraged to move on to the next day every once in a while (if nothing particular is happening f.ex.) and the orc-writers should try to be careful not to be hasty in changing the days in their narration? So like rapid time (slaves) vs. slow time (orcs)?
Really, there is no rule of thumb, except that the Orcs can't catch up to the slaves before the Fellowship does, or anything of that sort. Time moves as it best fits each group and what is going on in each group, though there are a few limitations to this (such as the Orcs not wanting to catch up to or get far ahead of the slaves group, or something of that nature). So, the 'rapid time vs. slow time' scenario that you suggested could happen, but so could others.

At least, that is my understanding. I've done...well, more than I feel like counting RPGs that have several groups doing their own thing all at once. Day and night might be different for the two, but somehow it all works out in the end.