View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #130
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Lóni

"Has Trór said, to either of you, a word of who will remain here and be in command of the civilians while the warriors are fighting? He needs a trusted man there, but someone he can spare from the battlefield."

Lóni shook his head. "As far as I can tell, Ori, Trór has not pondered this matter this far, or at least has not voiced his considerations. I find it unlikely that he just omitted thinking of it at all - but it is possible that his attention is focused on the more pressing matters right now."

He rubbed his undamaged eye once more. He was thinking on how should he put what he had on his mind to his brother and Ori. He was saddened by the thought that some Dwarves might consider Trór a bad leader and think wrongfully about him, dismissing him in their thoughts as somebody either completely unworthy or foolish at the least. But Lóni was aware of the fact that there were many things to manage and the young leader just had to suddenly face too much at once. Was it any different for Thorin when he first assembled his company to go to Erebor? Was it any different for Balin? And who knows how Thrór's folk thought about him first when he came to Erebor?

Even though he understood Kénan's displeasure about the situation, he considered the outcome most unfortunate. Kénan should have been milder, but also Trór should have not reacted so forcefully. Lóni shook his head once more.

"I think we should try to help our new leader, wherever we can lend a hand," he said. "If he did not think deeply about naming a leader for the civilians - and who can blame him - should we not remind him of it? Or, even better, try to think of a good candidate, to help him even more? If there was no need for my presence on the battlefield, and if there was a need, I could accept the task, of course." Even though he was not keen about such an idea, Lóni thought that if nobody was going to offer his service, and if Trór gave his trust to nobody else, he might as well take the burden.

"But I think Trór himself made it clear what he is going to do and he is likely expecting from us," he looked at his brother, "to stand by his side. Perhaps we can look for somebody?"

Lóni fell silent and looked at his companions.