View Single Post
Old 10-20-2002, 05:09 AM   #207
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Elanor focused on the crystal hanging in front of her, forcing herself to concentrate. She had to know where the others were and how they were? Had Calixto revealed himself? Were they inside the castle-
She quelled the questions and took a deep breath. Looking up she caught Ransoms eye. The inquisitor nodded briefly.
"Ill watch your back, but get a move on witch!"
She smiled gratefully at him and focused once again on the crystal.

They were inside the citadel already. She could hear the sounds of the battle faintly in the background and Bulvard had too. He put his hand on his sword hilt, but Calixto stopped him.
"No!"
Bulvard frowned, puzzled. "Why? I...if an enemy comes along, I want to be able to fight-"
"They will not!" Calixtos reply was swift and desperate. Bulvards sister now came to his aid in her usual arrogant manner.
"How is it that you should tell us what to do?"
"Your brother is in my service."
"I am not!"
Calixto pressed his face only a few centimetres from hers, but his outline was wavering. "Then you shall soon be in deaths hold!"
As the warrior woman now unsheathed her sword, Calixto vanished. In his place lay simply the dead body of the man he had once been.
Tumna was shaking violently and Bulvard drew his sword too, looking around for some explanation. He knelt beside her...put his..arm..around her shoulder...s...
"Lets go...and..."

Elanor did not hear the last bit of what he said, as the scene broke up as she lost concentration. No! It wasnt fair!
She stood abruptly, rage filling her, ignoring Ransoms questioning look. "No illusion shall stand in my way!" Her voice was clear and hard as she faced the orcs.
"Wanva!" She cried, and magefire once again shot from her hands as a quick barrier. The orcs yelped wildly, scrambling backwards. Elanors continued to walk steadily after them, her hands raised for the next spell until she heard something that stopped her in her tracks.
"Help..."
The feeble cry made her look towards the door beside her, although she thought she must have imagined it. Then again...
"Help me!" It was stronger now. Calming down slightly, the witch used the point of one sai to unlock the door.
Flinging it open she walked into the dimness, and a foul smell hit her as she took in the rotting skeleton on the corner. Then a clanking of chains made her look to the other side, squinting into the darkness. A thin woman, bloodstained and ragged was struggling to stand. Her mouth twisted into an almost smile as she reached out to the witch with one scarred hand and Elanor caught her as she fell.
"At last..."
Elano stared with raised eyebrows for a moment before she called out.
"Elwyn, Mithwyn, Ransom...little help here?"