View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 02:07 PM   #315
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I have tried to arrange the timelines in my head to have some understanding about them.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

So, if we call the night when the slavers attack the refugees and take their captives as Night1, we should get the following scenario...

Night1
- slavers attack the refugees and take two children with them
- orcs raid the slaver camp after the slavers have come back at the last hours of the night
(late night / early morning: Ishkur argued against Gwerr for not running away from the slavers because it was getting bright already
the same night: slavers would not waste two whole days + one night not to attack the refugees a second time - and surely not before as at least Grask had noticed the children)

Late night / Early morning1
- refugees have their internal tensions flaring with Johari & Eirnar protesting + the trio caught up stealing weapons

Day1
- slaves caring about their wounded
- slavers making ready for a raid on the refugees the next night
- orcs sleeping

Night2
- slavers attack the refugees again
- slaves: have they any defences? have they prepared? have they any help? (what have they done the whole day?)
- orcs hitting the slaver camp again for more loot as they see the slavers leave the camp for their raid on the refugees

Would that be the scenario without the fellowship's influence over matters? Now where indeed the FS comes to the play?

My first impression was that the FS scouts would free the children something like early morning1 and then the FS & the children would meet the refugees on day1 - and build the traps against the slavers on day1 - to execute them on night2 as the slavers attack. Then they all would check the slaver camp on night2 / early morning2, after the battle, to meet the orcs there...

Last edited by Nogrod; 08-10-2006 at 02:19 PM.