View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #87
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Vigdis

The world must have had turned into mist, Vigdis concluded. It was all so hazy. But no, mist was not sharp and hard like this. This was a world of steel. A world of smudged steel, like the blades of unwashed kitchen knives...

Vigdis buried her fingers deep in her hair and pulled, not very gently. What on earth I'm thinking about? Have I lost my wits? But kitchen knives? I know, Vyra keeps a certain good rum in her knife locker there... That's surely something I need.

She headed to the kitchens, calmly rejecting thoughts of everything else than rum. Thoughts of sorrow, horror and vengeful hatred. No time to mourn now, no time to unleash my anger, she told herself.

When she entered the kitchens, she couldn't see anybody except one of the younger cooks, a lean girl with a distraught look. "Excuse me, but is Vyra here?" Vigdis asked, in an unnecessarily loud voice.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 01-10-2009 at 06:42 PM.