View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 02:51 PM   #329
Potatothan
Haunting Spirit

Potatothan has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Huan looked up at Aman as she placed the supper on his table. She eyed him swiftly before heading over to the next table. Huan nudged her arm for a second.

"Ehm, I didn't pay for this food milady. Don't want to be a thief of your wallet." He said while handing her the plate.

"Giving me back this plate would make you the thief of your own wallet sir. The supper comes with the room you ordered." Aman replied.

Huan smiled and placed the plate back on his table. Since he was running out of pipe weed and ale he asked Aman if there was anymore he could purchase in this Inn. Aman gave Huan a many-saying look and finished her round.
Feeling like a complete idiot thinking an Inn wouldn't have any pipe weed, she already came back with something wrapped in cloth. She placed it carefully on his table and went on her way. Huan smelled the bag and smiled. He added the tobacco to his own stock, which was getting very low. Aman later on picked up the wrappings looking at it for a second.

"I think a lot." Huan said with a smile.

Aman gave him a kind smile and went on her way. She seemed as busy as an Innkeeper could be. Huan just took it easy and started eating his meal. A camping trip of three years really did made him appreciate every meal someone else cooked and when things were settling down and the people just needed ale from time to time Huan scuffled to the bar. (Of course with his pipe already smoking)

"I would just like to thank you for that meal milady." Huan said.

"Just call me Aman. But you paid for that sir." Aman replied.

"Yes but being outside and cooking your own good makes you appreciate a good sturdy meal. Tell me, you have been to Rohan, that's a pretty nice place. I have dwelled there long. Good green lands for the horses and nice villages with nice people. Tell me, have you never had the urge to go back?"

"No I haven't" Aman replied "I like it here, but you talk about Rohan as you are not one of the Eorlingas. Where are you from?"

"I'm a man of nowhere, so a man from everywhere." Huan replied and he turned for his table.

On his way he passed a table where two Rohirrim and an elf were talking together. The first man had asked for company from Rohan, but since he had just dwelled there for 20 years he didn't count himself fit for conversation since he had only went to war with the Rohirrim and didn't know much of the politics. He just scuffled to his former table took a chair and sat himself by the fire.

From his equipment he took out some more pipe weed since it had gone out and filled the pipe again. With a splinter of burning wood from the fire he lit it. The fire kindled and licked his hand but since the travel had made them harsh he hardly notice and just threw the piece of wood back in the fire. Just sitting by the side of the fire with an ale on his side and a bench for his tired feet, he glanced around a bit and looked at the people letting his look linger at everyone for a while not caring if they looked back.