View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 03:56 PM   #27
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Ah! The Isengard theme is in 5/4 time? No wonder it kept throwing me off! Time is not my strong point by any means, but I know enough to get really confused. And that's really neat about how they added that metallic, unmusical clash.
Quote:
Then it slows and becomes gentler. I am not sure what part of the movie this corresponds with; I'm thinking Gandalf on top of Orthanc, although I'm not sure.
You have me curious, so I just got out my extended DVD (only one I've got) and watched the Pony sequence. I think most parts in that track are there, but not connected together, understandably. However, I never heard the hobbity part at 0:24 at all, nor did I find the final bit. There's no scene at Orthanc until the hobbits and Strider are well into the wilderness, and then it opens with Saruman and the palantír.

Awesome thread, by the way. Although I definitely lack your orchestral background, Encaitare, I'm a reasonably proficient pianist. (Strong point memorization, not sight-reading. So although it takes me ages to learn a pieces well, once I do it's stuck for good. And I've always loved movie soundtracks. I guess that comes from growing up with a father who played his Star Wars, Superman, etc. records all the time.

Quote:
And as a last note, this track is pi minutes long.
Ha!

Was that pun unintentional?