View Single Post
Old 10-18-2000, 01:47 PM   #1
Hannah Burrows
Animated Skeleton

Hannah Burrows has just left Hobbiton.
Ring When did you laugh?

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Animated Skeleton
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Okay, I got this idea from moving moments. What were some of the funniest things in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings?
I'll start with one, a direct quote from the Hobbit:
He (Bilbo) was feeling very queer indeed in his head by this time after the dreadful adventures of the last three days with next to nothing to eat, and he found himself saying aloud: &quot; Now I know what a piece of bacon feels like when it is suddenly picked out of the pan on a fork and put back on the shelf!&quot;
&quot;No you don't!&quot; he heard Dori answering,&quot;because the bacon knows that it will get back in the pan sooner or later; and it is to be hoped we shan't. Also eagles aren't forks!&quot;
&quot; O no! Not a bit like storks--forks, I mean,&quot; said Bilbo sitting up and looking anxiously at the eagle who was perched close by. He wondered what other nonsense he had been saying, and if the eagle would think it rude. You ought not be rude to an eagle, when you are only the size of a hobbit, and are up in his eyrie at night!

" In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit . . . " That's where it all began.</p>
Hannah Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote