View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #65
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This looks all very interesting! Welcome Undómë, Arry and Inzil!

When I write the "first post" I can leave it partly vague who's coming along with Wilheard. Like I said, he's hardly a people's person anyway, and he's probably been even more immersed in his own thoughts since his brother's death; so I'm not going to spend the post writing his observations about his travelling companions... But still good to know Scyld and Elfthain are with the caravan.

Inzil - veeery interesting! I daresay you will end up writing with me and Nogrod. Nog's character Stigend is the resident carpenter, and my character Modtryth is his wife and half-Dunlending herself. So lots of connections with the little family of ours!

I'm actually excited about a Dunlending character from the perspective of writing Modtryth. Seeing as she identifies as an Eorling and has been previously mistreated thanks to her Dunlending looks, I can see a lot of drama in the horizon if she has to interact with an actual Dunlending. She's generally a kind and understanding woman but I think ironically enough she might show a bit of her hostile side to someone who belongs to a group she very clearly wants to disassociate herself from... oops.

Also there's the adorable 1/4 Dunlending teenager son of Stigend and Modtryth's, Cnebba, who might be curious about the folk his mother's mother belonged to... So if Ladavan has already been to the Mead Hall for a while, we might need to establish some sort of history for the interactions between these characters. Or then he could only come now and we could let it all play out on the thread...? Thoughts?