View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #176
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Nimrodel laughed, clear, long, piercing like a sword.

I dreamt last night that my true love came in
So softly he entered, his feet made no din
He came up beside me, these words he did say,
It will not be long love, til our wedding day.

"What is it the mortals say? Dust to dust? Dust you are, and dust I am? And dust we shall be together. Dust. Though you shine golden in my dreams, yet dust is what I waken to. Dust! Dust and ash!"

She raised her arms, stretched them outward toward Amroth, smiled with sorrow, and with brightly burning eyes, began to spin. Turning, twirling, she danced barefoot in the ash, wandering in circles. Always she gazed at his face, laughing, turning here and there, away and towards, tangled in her golden hair. The white of her mantle grew grey with ash that was stirred up by her feet.

He called to her. She answered him, laughing, turning in circles round him. Ever he called; ever she laughed, dancing. He reached for her; his hands passed through her, keeping only ash; ashes and dust. It filled his mouth, his eyes. He labored to breathe. He called to her again and again. She stared at his face, seeing, but not believing.

When she was beyond weariness, she stopped, and let her hands drop to her sides. "Your lovely face. How I long to hold your face in my hands, and touch your eyes, fool that I am. Wretch that I am; foolish wretch. Soon I shall wake, and you will be gone. Therefore I will that I wake not, but dream evermore."

No, my SilverStream. Wake. Waken to my voice! Hear me! Heed me. Be not afraid; come to me. Hear me, Silverstream, heed me.

She stood, rapture-still, eyes locked on his face. "Almost I hear you, my love. Almost you speak to me. Oh, to hear your voice again. Oh, to bask in the light of your eyes. Fool! Fool that I am! In a moment I shall wake, and where shall my golden hopes be? Ash, ash, ash. No, I will not wake. I will sleep, and dream again."