View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #248
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
I'm going to have to vote soon. But just want to say...I doubt there are any poor intentions, because I have received a lot of 'hellos' and I've loved my welcome here, but it does come off as a little degrading saying I'm either an innocent newbie or I am receiving constant PM instruction. I am trying to enjoy a new thing, work out my own style, and try to be helpful. If I were a newbie wolf I would like to think I would be capable of coherent thoughts and a helpful asset to my team without having to be spoon fed instructions. That's a tad insulting, even though I am 99.9% sure no one intends to be.
No, of course no one intends it to be insulting... unless, of course, by being insulting we manage to provoke you into revealing that you're a wolf.

And yes, as a newbie wolf, you might well be capable of your own coherency without being spoonfed anything--and on that note, I'm quite willing to consider you a capable lone wolf who covered for his own newbie mistake adroitly. It's not that there's anything about being new that makes you necessarily clumsy first time out--it's just that we (well, me anyway...) don't know your style yet. I don't know if this is a handicap to you or a handicap to the old-times (glances at Fea and Kuru), but it does mean that you're an uncertain variable, and as such it's best to average the experience of playing with most new players in the past--and new players are most likely to make mistakes. As with any talent, WWing improves with practice, even among those with native talent.

It may also just be grasping at straws--a newbie making a mistake would be probably the one certain thing to look for in analysing Day 1 prior to the completion of Day 1.

Of course, it's entirely possible you're innocent but just not guilty-looking enough to come across that way. It's a problem we've all had, once or twice, I'm sure.

And, in other news, I'm still no closer to a vote. Well, maybe an inch or two. I'm concerned that Nienna's vote for Nogrod was made with the encouragement that I might vote in that direction. As to the Kuru and Agan bandwaggons, neither looks particularly attractive to me. Kuru actually holds slight suspicion for me, whereas Agan does not, but I just can't see Kuru being that clumsy--even if it's been a while since he's played.