View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 07:14 AM   #5089
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
If you're looking at a Halls of Waiting thread, does that imply that roles & alignment aren't revealed on death? I don't even remember how the Downs usually does that, but being outed as a wolf could make interacting in the Halls kind of depressing. On the other hand, reveal-less deaths could make being in the village rather frustrating.
Good point to raise.

As far as I am concerned, I'd 100% advocate for revealing the roles upon death, no complicated nonsense with sending true revelations from the dead thread and so on.

It might make dead Wolves somewhat isolated from the community, but I remember many having fun with this (see various phantom-esque existences just trolling to no end). I mean, nothing prevents a dead Wolf from participating in the Dead discussion - whether anyone is going to pay attention to them is a different thing. Unless someone created a "sub-plot" for the Dead thread (but it should be something that would not interfere with the Living too much, or ideally not at all).

In the absolutely worst case, a Wolf will end up lynched on Day 1, then ostracised by fellow dead, and will be bored for the rest of the game. But that is the worst-case scenario for one person, as opposed to everyone else. I think it's worth it.

Of course, if we can think of any way to make it better, I'm open for it, but let's not contrive too complicated schemes.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote