View Single Post
Old 12-20-2003, 03:43 PM   #262
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

So Idona was gone. Faran sighed and wondered what he would do while he waited for her. Talan had departed when the Innkeeper had wished to speak to him and Faran vaguely wondered what she wanted him to do. He shook his head: he now had two students to teach his humble craft to. He smiled: Sigrid and Talan would be fun to teach.

Making his way to the ruins of the stable, he kicked the smoldering wood around, avoiding the carcasses of the animals. Either he was getting used to the stench of death, or else the reek at drifted to other places for he could no longer smell anything.

“I wonder where Goldwine is,” he said softly looking around. “Goldwine!” he called. “Here kitty, kitty, kitty, kitty! Goldwine!” After peering around some of the bushes he said, “He must still be in the Inn.”

He was just about to go back and look for him when a voice cried, “Faran!”

Turning, the carpenter saw that Talan was walking briskly toward him; excitement lit his face and his eyes glowed. “Yes?” Faran asked with a smile.

“Bethberry has put me in charge of overseeing the work being done and making sure that people do their work an’ such. I was just wonderin’ if ye would help me.”

“Of course I’ll help you,” Faran said. “Oh yes, and Idona isn’t here right now, but she should be coming back, or so the boy Madi told me. When she returns, we’ll get together and see if we can come up with a decent plan for a new stable.”