View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #75
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Come on, people, show a bit of flare! I can understand discussing mechanics and such, but let's see some fire. Don't just suggest things, or put forth the idea that it may be intelligent to do certain things, but rather put forth a bold plan and state, "We are going to do this!" and state in no uncertain terms that anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

You may protest on the grounds that displaying such an attitude will trigger a backlash, but that's not a bad thing. That will give you a legit reason to lynch people on the grounds that they are irrational and wrong for arguing. And it's even better if no one adopts your good idea, for then you can sit back and shout "I told you so!" when things go wrong.

Being a star isn't about winning every little point- it's about character and standing out, and sometimes it's about everyone hating you. If you are universally loathed you are in much higher standing than someone who is generally liked during the rare moments he is actually thought of by someone. For the most part, people love individuals who push their emotional buttons, one way or another. In general it is only slightly less fun to hate a team/person/thing than it is to love.

Trust me- if you tick everyone off early, it will help you in the long run (assuming you know the proper time to turn their attitudes in the later stages).