Thread: Late Nighter's.
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 02:56 AM   #29
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
Tolkien

Here here! On those University rants. I am also glad to see we have a large population of science students! I'm one too. Celuien what are studying now?

Farael, kudos to you for putting up with it so far and for even choosing to take on a full schedule.

Although somewhat different, I know that as an A-level student we had the choice to continue on four subjects or drop one when going onto A2. However only the "silly" (like yourself. ) or the "brave" (like yourself ) or the very clever (like yourself ) or those who wished to better themselves (like yourself) chose to do so.

I am none of the above and so chose to drop one! This gave me an extra six free study periods a week, and went a long way to help me obtain a much higher quality three A-levels than if I had chosen four. Plus extra time to muck around!

And as a Biologist student now at University, I am experiencing and foresee in the future, busy schedules also. And I am sure if there is ever the choice to do more or less modules, (rather bleak because the module system works on a number of points set for every student, who must make up those points with modules. Each module being a set amount of points, which I think is used in every year.), I know I will probably take the option of choosing less...

Also to tack on the end of you rant, I would just like to add, to those in first year of college/university, that the FIRST year is still an IMPORTANT year, and not a year to "doss" around as many second, third, fourth years have told me. A solid ground in the first year obviously promote your understanding in the second year.

Dammit you older people, stop saying us "freshers" can join everything because missing lectures in the first year doesn't matter, it DOES!

Valesse, I know what you mean about the emptyness of the site. Being up occasionally till 4am the past few hours are bleak, and as Kath has said, I too wish I would do something constructive during that time.

But for some reason I can't, I end up just reading and saving webpages to respond to later. At that time I think I must be slightly comatose...
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote