View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #60
miriena
Newly Deceased

miriena has just left Hobbiton.
I personally recognize people by their avatars faster than I do by their names. Especially because there's already a bunch of words on the page, and the picture stands out more. I like seeing familiar avatars, but variety is the spice of life or something. And I definitely grow to associate people with the images, it's always weird to me when there's an obvious mismatch between someone's writing style, thoughts and opinions, and their avatars. And if someone uses an avatar with some person in it, I (quite naively, but involuntarily) almost expect the forum user to look kind of like that person

I always use the same picture for pretty much everything that needs an icon. It represents me quite well since it's my face I don't change self-representing user pictures often, once every few years or so (booooring). I like grabbing on to familiar things on teh Internets.

And I've had the name "Miriena" follow me around for *years*, more than 10 for sure. Yes, I suppose it may seem boring, but I can no longer imagine using another name for a forum where I plan to actually participate, it wouldn't be "me".
miriena is offline   Reply With Quote