Thread: Hin Hurin
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #29
LadyBrooke
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The modern day version of Edoras: horses, wind, rolling plains =)
LadyBrooke is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to LadyBrooke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
You think so? Well, several big bosses warned him not to haste. They, in their wisdom, predicted her death, among other things. But he, hothead he was, refused to listen to wisdom. Thus, death of hers will haunt him along with other stains on his soul.

But if he had taken the time to prepare his attack better, she would have lived. And there would be one less stain on his soul.

He should have thought of possible consequences. Besides, had Lalaith lived, Turin wouldn't have married Nienor. Therefore, the incest is Maedhros' fault, not Lalaith's.
You know I always forget that it was released because he attacked so soon.

So because Maedhros didn't know to the last little detail the consequences of attacking when he did, it's his fault to you. I think that expecting him to know something that not knowing the exact course the future takes just means that he's not Eru Besides I could just as easily argue that if Morgoth hadn't of killed Finwe and took the silmarils in the first place, Maedhros wouldn't have been in Middle-Earth in the first place and therefore it is still Morgoth's fault.

I don't think we will ever agree Urwen. I like Feanor, Maedhros, Maglor, and Celeborn the best. I could care less about Lalaith, Turin, or Nienor.