View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 11:32 AM   #880
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
Strawberry Blonde then? That phrase always used to make me laugh, as it was always used by people loathe to admit they were well, a bit ginger...

Me and sun do not mix - my skin goes red, falls off and is then white once again. Whereas my father used to be out all day gardening with no shirt on and weirdly go neither brown nor red.
Yes that's it. It is something that clearly skipped a generation since my parents could tan a bit , but my grannie had celtic skin and I got the premature grey gene from her too . I gave up trying to tan after a lot of freckles and some horrific sunburn and so have been a devotee of big hats and high factor for years. One advantage is that you spare yourself the ageing effects of the sun - and joy of joys I have found fake tan that isn't orange so can go barelegged in the summer

It does seem that a disproportionate number of us are "pale and interesting" - I wonder if it is because a tan was seen as desirable in RL but pale skin is regarded so positivesly in ME ?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote