View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 03:11 PM   #16
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

**********Rhun Nation**********

Lovek received the summons by Kasteni. He commanded the men he had been training to continue to practice, and immediately made his way to where he knew Mislavini and Kasteni would be.

Ah, I wonder what is commanded now? Lovek wondered, the sound of his heavy footfalls echoing in the hallway, even over the din of the few others that passed through.

On the way to the chamber, Lovek saw other troops training. Very few were actually working. Lovek sighed inwardly at how common this was.

Why do they not work? Do they not know that discipline will bring them success? It is no wonder I command the best troops, if all the other men do is sit around! Lovek thought. In his disgust of these other men, he felt the warmth of pride fill him. His training brought his troops to glory. He had never lost more than half of his troop in a battle, and, even when he had lost the battle, his troops always managed to pull off great accomplishments in the battles. Lovek was very well-respected as a leader, although he was not the best nor the highest. He had, however, developed an ego about himself.

Lovek paused as the guards opened the door in front of him. He saw Mislavini and Kasteni, goblets in their hands. Lovek disgustedly looked at the drinks. Lovek did not drink alcohol, for he thought it would slow down his senses. He had, however, submitted to the strong attraction of the weed that was available.

"My Great Captain," Lovek said respectfully to Mislavini, "Did you summon me?"

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]