View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 02:38 PM   #762
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"I am glad you have accepted my company and i will not let you down as i know great skills with my sword," Phervasaion said pleasingly.

"As for my travels since we last met last met i have seen many things, so il tell you the most interesting ones," Phervasaion then took a deep breath. "Not too long ago i had just set out from Edoras as i was resting there with another Ranger,Hiardur, who was traveling with me. We were traveling from Edoras all day and we needed some rest. On that night i had the strangest dream one of which i cannot explain, i was then awakened half way trough the night from a strange noise not far away," As Phervasaion said this an upset look came upon his face.

"I looked to my left where Hiardur was sleeping, but he was missing. I feared the worst for him, i then decided to investigate the noise i heard, i got up and took only my sword i ran as fast as the wind could take me towards the noise i heard. I looked to my left and saw a small cave, then as i looked i heard the strange noise which awoke me again i ran towards the cave with no fear. It was to dark inside for me to see, so i threw i stone in.. I heard voices 'orcs' i thought to myself. One came out with a torch and i drove my sword through its stomach and I picked up the torch and entered the cave silently.

I turned round the corner to see a handful of orcs sitting down and eating. I ran in with a battle cry and chopped through them all one by one as they were not ready for battle."

Phervasaion sighed and said "I searched the cave for Hiardur but i found no trace, the food they were eating was not him either i am glad to say. I was also not able to discover what the strange noise i heard was for it was definately no orc.

Afterwards i headed back to the camp gathered my things and rode on. I searched for Hairdur and tried to discover what the noise was and eventually i found myself here in the shire and i have found nothing."

Phervasaion ended his story here and there was silence between the three Rangers for a while as their thoughts were on Phervasaions story...