View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 07:54 AM   #1306
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
My view of Naiore is that her fascination with the origins of Fear arises from the fact that she does not feel Fear and, therefore, seeks to understand what it is and where it comes from. The closest thing she feels to fear would be the cool clarity of determination that hits her when things are going badly for her and she finds herself in a threatened position. She would not get the adrenaline rush of the Fight or Flight Reaction like normal individuals might. She would continue to be calm and even-headed, maybe a little angry or frustrated that things weren't going as she had planned, but completely unafraid.

It is an interesting idea, but I don't think that there would be any fear there for Vanwe to show her. Naiore is a powerful and stubborn individual and would not be terribly vulnerable to another individual, even Vanwe, attempting to point out her flaws. Actually, I think it would just make her angry. (Remember, Naiore had regular interactions with Sauron himself, who is not exactly a suitable companion for the weak of will.) Her ego is such that the pity of her kinswomen would enrage her, though, and would prompt her to lash out at them.

I take it, then, that I should not have Naiore lash out just yet?