View Single Post
Old 05-16-2001, 12:51 AM   #52
Heimdal

Ring

<BR> Keep your fingers of moviemakers!</b><br><br> The question of &quot;olīTom&quot; always appear when you try to make a movie out of a book. The Lord of the Rings is no exception... <br> <br> However in some cases it will be a good idea to cut in the material to get a more resonable lenght on the movie. <br> But what I ALWAYS find irritating is when the moviemakers tends rewrite the bits an pieces of the story and change details that theres no need to. The story was written in an certain way so the moviemakers should keep their fingers off. There is no need for a &quot;Hollywoodish&quot; artistic touch.<br> So if I find out when I see the movie that the story has been changed with the cost of for example olīTom and other &quot;sidetracks&quot;. An Orc will seem like a kitten in comperance to me. <br> <br> Personally I think that a complicated story with many personalities in The Lord of the Rings would have been good for the movie. The books are &quot;overcrowded&quot; and hard to follow sometimes. But that is why they are so great. They give a fell of a real world, and above all a sence of a very old world.<br> So, I think that another 5 minutes with Tom Bombadill and the old forrest would have been good for the movie.<br> <br> By the way started to read The Lord of the Rings again yesterday...<br> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000366>Heimdal</A> at: 5/16/01 2:58:03 am<br></i>