Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 04:47 AM   #3209
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, so the word you're looking for is probably 'nee', with or without the accent. To which we want to add three direction letters, while still starting with E... Elenwe, mother of Idril (with Left, West, and East)?

Which points at a theme of 'Mother-daughter pairs' (which also makes sense with your comment about the order they appeared in). We have Nuneth>Erendis and now Elenwe>Idril. So...

We clearly went to quite different schools; I never studied An Inspector Calls, so yeah, I had to google that. (I did watch the adaptation a couple of years back, though, and my sibling did it at school.) But Daisy Gardner is Sam and Rosie's daughter, and fits for #5. I don't get the 'stale' part, though. A daisy is a Day's Eye, which is definitely a simile, but 'stale'?

And, well, process of deduction says #3 should be Earwen, Artanis' mother, but other than 'well=water=sea' making for an extremely rough translation of her name, I can't make her fit the clue.

This is seriously stretching my brain... how am I doing?

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote