View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 02:35 AM   #2120
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Welcome, Parmastahir! It's good to have a member adding a new aspect of Tolkienism to the site! We have discussed collector's items in the past on this thread: The Collection Grows, so if you wade through or skim over those 21 pages, there is sure to be mention of some calendar or other.

I took a brief peek at your site, and though you say you don't collect movie-related calendars, I would like to mention that, as far as I know, a movie bookmark calendar (see it here) is Germany's unique contribution to the topic. Aside from the German Tolkien Society's calendar (which has an illustration by Anke Eissmann, a wonderful young artist whom I met in Birmingham last summer), which you have on your list, I am not aware of any others that are available only in Germany. I wish Anke Eissmann, whose Tolkien and related artwork can be seen on her website, would do a whole calendar. Her paintings are fantastic - I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 02-18-2006 at 02:46 AM.
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote