View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #45
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
As someone who has never been able to fathom the appeal of Facebook or (gah!) Twitter, it's incomprehensible why anyone would prefer those media to the Downs.
I joined facebook at the suggestion of one of the Downers going to University and after a long spell when I never looked and had but two friends one of whom was a cat (long story) much to the mirth of my young relatives, I have now got to the point where it has largely superseded livejournal as a way of keeping in touch with Downers past and present and through it is good to see that these bright minds are engaged in interesting things. Maybe they will return as their lives settle down ..

The other thing is that Facebook is somewhere where you can chat and anything here off topic gets pounced on so it is natural that friendships may bud here to bloom elsewhere.

I do think it is easy to become a bit jaded and to forget that newcomers need encouragement - I will always be grateful to Fordim and Heren in particular who were welcoming when I was new not sure I do enough to pass kindness on...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote