View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #65
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I wouldn't be worried.

I'm an elder and a relative newbie at the same time.

I joined the 'Downs on January 06 and I will be 42 before this year comes to an end. I joined because my daughter Lommy talked me into it - and it has been a very good decision indeed. I have not only had a good time playing werewolf, writing RPG's and discussing questions of varied nature with interesting and lovely people - but I have actually gained a number of new friends some of which I have been priviledged to meet also in person.

Even with my limited experience (too old a generation) I can agree with the few raising the point already: this feels like a community and the general mood is that of friendship and joviality - unlike on some other forums. The relatively small scale is just a positive factor here! And that I think is also behind the fact that in the end so many former 'Downers do after all come back. So why don't you look at the situation from that angle as well?

We have a host of new 'Downers every year - some of them staying, some of them leaving pretty rapidly. Only time will tell who of them stay and who will not. But I have seen many coming and leaving and many coming and staying - and make no mistake about it, it's the nice people who stay.

Everyone staying is an add on to the 'Downer community. And like in life there has to be renewal. We oldies should help and welcome the newer ones to take their place in here - and then by the time replace us.

Even if I think I'm playing werewolf at least into when I'm 80.. and give me an ethical-theological subject relating to Tolkien and I will sure be in if I just have time to read through the earlier discussion...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote