Thread: Resistance RPG
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 05:10 PM   #70
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"You first"

Josh squirmed uncomfortably. He felt, somehow, that this encounter was getting away from him. Surely he should be the one giving the orders? He looked around for help. Neither Dury nor Falco looked inclined to open their mouths, while Niluial and Tim both seemed to be watching CAmi and Hob. Cami, who would probably have talked for all of them, was busy. It was down to him.

"My name is Josias" he began, trying hard to look down his nose at a slightly taller Hobbit. Fearing it simply made him squint, he stopped. "As for my business..." he trailed off, considering. He could lie. They wouldn't believe him, but he could. Or he could just be honest. After all what could they do to him?

"My business is to trade" he said sternly, glaring at the two Shirriffs.
"Trade is controlled by the chief" the bigger, bossier Shirriff stated baldly. "Your trade would be unlawful"
"What is unlawful" Josh said loudly, drawing himself up full height, "is occupying the Shire with Big Men. And half-wits like you."

That's done it, he thought with a strange excitement. Now something's going to happen. But what? Idly he rubbed his thumb along the smooth cherrywood handle of his knife, over and over the carved pattern. It's all down to you Mr Shirriff. What do we do now?

[ October 12, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link