Thread: Resistance RPG
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 04:21 AM   #72
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

The sudden appearance of Hob between him and Olo startled Josh. Any slight feelings of disappointment were swept away by relief- Hob was right. Hobbits shouldn't kill one another. He tucked his knife back into his belt, glowering to keep up appearances, and was happy to see that Olo did the same. Slowly Josh turned his gaze from him to Hob, sitting on the ground looking stubborn.

"What madness made you work for the Big Men anyways Hob?" he asked indignantly. "Hasn't my Uncle Paladin always been good to you?" he added, hoping that he was right and Paladin had.

Hob mumbled something in reply, turning red.
"Never mind that now. Can't you sort things out with him?" Hob asked, jerking his thumb at Olo.

"Perhaps I can sort both out together" Josh said. "We're going to get weed, Mister Olo, Mister Brass and Mr Hob. And you can all do exactly as you see fit about that. If you want to come with us- not only Hob, all of you- that's fine by me. We could do with the help. And I'm sure you could do with the weed?"

The second Shirriff made an eager noise, but was cut off by Olo.
"That's not lawful, as you know Mister Josias. We shall have to arrest you and take you to be sent to the lockholes"

Josh forced a laugh, but the name chilled him.
"How will you do that then? Even if Hob there can't find the nerve to join us we still outnumber you. I'd like to see you try!"

He turned aside to Hob.
"But Hob, you must see we have the right of it? Don't you?"
Still sitting on the ground, Hob nodded stiffly, almost unwillingly, and mumbled something again. Then he pushed himself up onto his feet and came and stood deliberately by Josh.

"Very well" snarled Olo wildly. "We may not be able to arrest you all, but we can get someone who can. You won't go free, just like the rest of the damn Tooks. And you Hob..." He trailed off.
"C'm on Brass" he snapped and walked off. Unwillingly Brass followed.

"W-well" Josh said, trying to eject brightness into his voice and hide the tremor. "I should think that's the last we'll see of them. I'm glad you joined us, Hob. We should be going if we want to make Longbottom and find somewhere to camp before nightfall"
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link