View Single Post
Old 06-11-2002, 11:03 PM   #220
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The Lady Idril looked upon Samwise and smiled. "Do you not remember me, Samwise? Has your stay in the Blessed Lands so fled from your mind that you do not recall the pleasant evening where you and Master Frodo came onto our ship in the harbor of Avallone?"

"For, to tell the truth, both Tuor and I had much joy that evening. And both you and Frodo seemed pleased to speak with one who, like you, did not come from Elven stock."

"I would greatly like to look upon Master Frodo again, should he have the time during my stay."

Child helped the Lady move from one chair to another as she wished to get a closer look at Master Samwise.

"I can see that your face has aged, but your eyes still shine forth as the eyes of an Elf-friend should. I am much aggrieved to have been torn so from my husband by this wicked Maeglin who thinks to betray his people once again."

"And do not trust these two blue wizards, for I think they are cut from the same cloth as Morgoth and Sauron in days of old. Since they hold the rank of Maia, they were able to find the lost road and break into the peace of Elvenhome, much to my sorrow."

"No rest will come to the Blessed Shores until these creatures of evil have been sent back into the void. For as evil as Maeglin is, he is nothing without the backing of those who stand so much higher in the great chain."

Child sat in enchantment unable to take her eyes from this high lady, about whom she had read so much in the ancient books of lore. And then the Elf turned to her with a gentle nod, "I know that you are a scholar of the ancient ways. And that you pass these stories on to your own people as Bilbo himself did so very long ago."

Idril nodded, "It is good that you and your people do not forget your roots or the tales of the Elven past, even in this reckless age in which you live. So sing your songs, spin your tales, and chant your poems of ancient lore and love. For to this truth, Maeglin and the evil wizards have no true answer."

Child lowered her head for she did not wish for Idril to see the tears that crept now from her eyes.