View Single Post
Old 03-02-2003, 10:59 AM   #95
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami rushed forward to pry Bird out of the wreckage and help her sit down on a nearby chair. The hobbit scrutinized the fallen form still sprawled under the table, and saw all her hopes evaporate with Lorien's sudden demise. She turned frantically to Bird and whispered in her ear, "What have you done? I think you've killed a Vala."

"Him?" puzzled Bird, wrinkling her brow and laughing, for she had seen more barroom brawls than Cami ever had. "Don't worry. He'll be fine. Just give him a minute. He'll come to with nothing worse than a splitting headache." She prodded the body expertly with her toe, and grinned over at her friend. "Anyways, who says that he's a Vala?

"Pio. She introduced me when he first came to the Inn. He's someone named Lorien who's the Master of Dreams and lives in a fancy garden. In fact, he's the one who brought Frodo and Bilbo back from the West to visit the Shire." She pointed over by the bar where the two hobbits were standing together and drinking.

Bird rolled her eyes, and wondered silently if she should have gotten more sleep last night. Out loud, she replied, "Cami, hold on. I can only deal with one impossible situation at a time. Forget Lorien and Bilbo and Frodo for the moment. I want to understand exactly why you're here. When did you come, and will you be staying? What happened to your other family?"

Cami shook her head sadly and shrugged her shoulders, "That's the whole problem. I can't answer any of that, except to say I woke up in the Inn several months ago and have been working for Piosenniel ever since. I don't think I'm meant to stay here, but I don't know for sure. Something in my heart says my family is alright. That's all I can say. I was hoping that he could explain some of these things." She pointed towards the silent, recumbent figure. "But it looks as if he'll be under for a while."

Bird smiled and gave Cami a hug. "Just hold on, and he'll come through. I'm sure of it."

Then Bird looked around the room for Pio, hoping that the Elf could make some sense out of this strange situation.

[ March 02, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]