View Single Post
Old 03-05-2003, 04:08 PM   #119
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Frodo looked out a window, hands in pockets, and watched Sam's wagon pull steadily up The Hill towards Bag End. He had successfully avoided invading Sam's current life and weighing him down, but he still felt uneasy and torn, and wished heartily that he could have gone deeper with his old friend. Tentatively, he reached out towards the cart as it lumbered along. He closed his eyes, and a soft smile lit his face.

Little Elanor-- not little any more; tall young lady Elanor-- had just slipped into a dream. He began to withdraw, not wanting to interfere with her dream in any way; but he smiled as he did so. He had seen enough to know that in her dream Elanor was an elven princess in warrior's garb returning victorious from a great battle with orcs.

Frodo smiled. He did not think she would find many orcs to battle; but he thought she would rise to the occasion whenever a contest of wills came her way.

"Looking after Sam?" Bilbo asked him drowsily.

"Well, yes, " Frodo replied absently, coming back to the Inn.

"I wonder why you didn't plan a visit, " Bilbo remonstrated softly.

Frodo looked back up The Hill. "Perhaps I'll go for a walk in the morning, if there's time." Perhaps I can be a help and not a hindrance, Frodo thought, if I can take a few of the children out walking with me, and give their parents some peace.