View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 11:20 PM   #907
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
I find your reasoning that Prince Faramir would not like Arnorian Rangers wandering about Gondor, to be rather persuasive. How have they "gotten away with it" so far? I like the idea of Bergil the Ithilien Ranger, and hope you go with him.
Well, with two votes in favour- and that of LMP and Mark/Helen both, how can I not choose Ranger?

As regards "gotten away with it?"- I would point out that neither Ravion nor Erundil have been acting as official representatives of the King or the Law at any time. They have drawn on the reputation of Rangers- 'tis true, but not in an exactly official capacity. Also, much of the story has taken place outside the Realm of Gondor- I believe the mouths of the Entwash are considered to be Rohirric territory.

It's only now, with the story returned to Gondor and taking place (for the men) in a specifically Gondorian direction that Gondor would likely be involved. 'tis also likely that the disappearance of the women is making a bigger noise in Minas Tirith than Mellondu's disappearance, and thus attracting the attention of the authorities.

I foresee Bergil being very agreeable, and getting along with people- at first. Once a major decision comes up, then I can see him taking sides- and sticking with them.