View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #182
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ah, but sally and Nerwen, you're forgetting that Lalaith was resurrected and Maiarized by Ulmo, so bringing Finrod back from Mandos wouldn't have been an unsurmountable problem.
I think I can see how it happened...

Eru: Ulmo, My son, what do you think you're doing? You can't just withhold My Gift from one of My Younger Children and make her one of your Maiar. You know that's against the axan. What's worse, it's also uncanonical.
Ulmo: *sighs* You tell her that. I tried to...
Eru: Dear Lalaith, My Beloved Child, of course you want to see your friends, geese and family again; and so you shall, when My Second Music will be sung and Arda will be healed. But now it is time for you to move on beyond the circles of the world to a much better fate I have prepared for you. Arda Marred is no place for a young girl like you. You have suffered enough there in your short life, you deserve better. Trust Me and see!
Lalaith: But I want to! I'm awesome and cute, and I want to! Now! *stomps foot* Besides, if you don't let me, I'll put lizards in your pillow!
Eru: *throws up hands in frustration* OK then...
Morgoth (who has been eavesdropping): *snickers* Serves you right, old man!