Old 09-02-2002, 08:43 PM   #11
Feanaro
Haunting Spirit

Feanaro has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Feanaro
Silmaril

Quote:
"He wouldn't be ever accepted back to Valinor after his treachery."
I'm not sure if I would agree with you on this one point. It is certainly true--he would never have been accepted back to Aman, but I'm not sure if he knew this to be definite at the time of his death.
Quote:
"To the dismay of those that stood by, about the body of Saruman a grey mist gathered, and rising slowly to a great height like smoke from a fire, as a pale shrouded figure it loomed over the Hill. For a moment it wavered, looking to the West; but out of the West came a cold wind, and it bent away, and with a sigh dissolved to nothing."
From this quote, it would appear as if Saruman had an inkling to what his fate would be, but wasn't fully sure about it--hence his "wavering" as he looked towards the West. I also wonder whether the word "sigh" is merely describing the sound of the wind, or something more.
'See half-brother! This is sharper than thy tongue. Try but once more to usurp my place and the love of my father, and maybe it will rid the Noldor of one who seeks to be the master of thralls.' -Feanor, threatening Fingolfin with his sword. ~Moderator of the Mordor RPG.~
Feanaro is offline   Reply With Quote