View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 12:21 PM   #123
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Quote:
You were confused when you woke up, and had to figure things out. But-- we don't see that with Bilbo and Frodo. It seems to me that they should experience some sort of disorientation at least. Since they wake up behind closed doors we haven't seen it yet, unless I should flashback to it or insert a section? If that makes sense to you I could write that piece and you could patch it in; if you had been thinking that they should arrive clear-minded and aware of all the issues, then just let me know
That extra piece would be a good idea, and I will be glad to patch in wherever you want. My conjecture was that the three of them woke up in the old bedroom slightly dazed and disoriented, and took a while to get their bearings. (Even Lorien) I didn't get into any of that, and just picked up the action as they were banging on the door.

Apparently, Lorien must have recovered enough to realize he was a Maia and would be able to use another means to get through the door. See Pio's post. But he completely forgot about the hobbits who were with him, and left them banging on the door.

sharon