View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #679
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I don't think I get your trap for the Wolves -theory. If suspecting Manwë was a trap to lure the wolves out, it obviously worked, but wouldn't that mean Manwë is a wolf? I'm confused.
Yes, I meant unless in case if Mänwe was not a Wolf and Shasta just wanted to try to lure the WWs out, and they then attacked him either randomly or with some different purpose, like to frame innocent Mänwe. But anyway, of course most likely is that he is one of them and either was dreamed about or at most being lured out (if e.g. Shasta perhaps dreamed of somebody who died that Night, or something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Why are we assuming he's dreamed of Manwe? When he begins yesterday with no one in his "red" meter?
Because if he put only one person into his "red" box, it would be clear to the WWs that he is the Seer, especially if Mänwe is one of them. Shasta obviously wanted to stay hidden still. Of course, it was not much more subtle (from the WWs' perspective) to go after Mänwe in such way, but he did also another analysis of Cailín and made all these "announcements" that he is going to look at this one and that one toDay in his beginning post of the Day. And when Mänwe was not lynched normally, he perhaps hoped for not being discovered (since the idea was dismissed) while at the same time leaving a clear enough clue in case he died. Or this is the way I could imagine it.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 01-12-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: x-ed with Nessa
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote