View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 08:25 PM   #303
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
"A song? Ah, my friend, there you have the better of me, for I count myself no Bard. Now, should you be in need of a tale...!" Hiriest looked at him with interest as the Elf sat himself down and began to speak...

" In all the wide world you'll hear tales of woe and well-wishing, of triumph and despair, and most especially that of love and loss. However... Few there are which contain none of the afore-mentioned! This is a tale of utter and complete foolishness, the story of a young Dragon's first venture into the Wild!

Once...many an Age ago, there lived a wily she-Dragon. She it was who let herself be wooed and won by the strongest male of Melkor's brood. Little did he know, that upon seeing her tiny hatchlings for the first time, she would become insanely protective...to the point of madness! Thus it was that one night she stole away from their lair, spiriting her young to a place in the East, where she thought no one could ever trace them... in short, her Dragonish brain had finally cracked...In my opinion, I feel it was her odd penchant for pickled Orc feet!

The poor male died of heart-break and the she-Dragon (the Eol of her kind) kept a watchful eye on her younglings and raised them up on horrid stories of Mad Elves and Evil-eyed Warriors, raising them on foul meats and avocados...except for one. One tiny male was exceptionally cunning and realising his dam for the lunatic she was,(the avocado being the deciding factor) he decided to get while the getting was good. Once she was asleep, with her young clamped in her claws, he eeled his way out from under his usual spot under her armpit...once able to breathe again, he fled, never once looking back. He went on to become a very successful Champion of the Small and Meek, Defender of Vegetarians everywhere...just to spite his dam. To sum up...if you love something, let it go...before it decides to rebel and eat you!"

Last edited by Cuthalion; 06-06-2004 at 01:14 AM.