View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 10:44 AM   #251
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Rowan had gone off to the kitchen to fetch food and drink for Will and Primrose. She was just settling two glasses of cider on her tray when the door to the kitchen opened and Gable’s face peeked through.

‘Is there anything I can do to help?’ she heard the Elf ask.

Cela seemed to be busy between the stirring of the stew and the frying up of mushrooms. Rowan motioned for Gable to come on in.

‘You’re here in the nick of time! Usually Prim would wash up dishes as we went along, but with her leg broken she can’t do it. And if we leave it for later for Tollers and me, I swear the bowls and mugs’ll be stacked to the ceiling!’ She looked hopefully at Gable. ‘Do you think you could give us a hand here?’ Drawing nearer to the Elf she whispered that Cela was in a little bit of a grumpy mood and would she please be very careful not to break any of the dishes. ‘Not that I think you would, mind you,’ Rowan assured Gable. ‘But cook’s nerves are a bit on edge tonight.’

From beyond the kitchen door, she could hear a commotion of some sort in the common room. ‘Now what’s going on out there?’ she asked, fetching one of the bigger aprons for Gable.