View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 06:05 AM   #105
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Jadae slid the precious book into her pack whilst Jack went to help revive Ari. He tried softly slapping the poor man a few times but nothing seemed to happen. Eventually the guardsman took out the last of the groups water supplies and poured it on Arethin who quickly opened his eyes and wriggled back into reality. Jack claspsed hands with him to help bring him to his feet.

"What happened Jack?" He asked.

"We've got The Book and now we're getting ourselves out of here."

"Sounds good to me," he said.

"I'll second that!" Jadae shouted over.

Anuion had found another exit from the room, a small circular door which led upwards. He motioned them to come but it was slow and hard work, they were all tired and some were desperatly in need of first aid. Nevertheless they were in good spirits and had The Book they had come for. Jack fingered his braclet, the Spirit that had come from within The Book took it off Jack's wrist and placed it in his hand. It was strange but Jack was never afraid of it. As he helped Jadae walk he thought of the fair elven maiden who had crafted the piece of beauty and her father who denied them to see each other. Perhaps he would visit Mirkwood with knowledge from The Book to impress her father. Perhaps he would see her again one day.

"What are you smiling at then?" Jadae said looking over at Jack.

"Nothing," he laughed, "I just think everything is going to be great now!"

As they made their way up the winding stairs they were suddenly aware that light was above them, natural light. Their pace quickened as they wished to see the outside world again. As the light got stronger and brighter they reached the end of the tunnel and Anioun swung open a glass door to lead the group out onto the top of the mountain.

"This... is high..." said Angalos. Below them they could see the steadily steep mountain decend into the plains that led to their homes. In the rocks were cut inconspicious steps that led all the way down.

They were going home.