View Single Post
Old 02-08-2003, 04:54 PM   #73
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Youlielle had been dreaming for guite awhile, watching the colors of the wood, the cool morning air and the mysterious sounds flow over her. She felt perfectly safe, like a child who had nothing to fear in its mothers arms. She drew a deep breath, stretcing out. In front, she noticed Taurion quiver slightly. He seemed tense, like most of the company. Youlielle longed to ask some questions, longed to understand. But something held her back. Could she ask an elf, wiser then most she had ever known; question him like a child? Before she could think anymore, her tounge gave her away.

"Master Taurion.... what do you think attaked Elantar and Finīs horse?"
Immediatly, she blushed. What had she been thinking, just spitting out the question like that? She sounded like an inqusitive -and annoying- six-year old!

To her suprise, Taurion turned around, looking totally honest, like one willing to start a conversation.

"I donīt know, lady. And I donīt think I want to imagine."

Youlielle nodded. It was obviously the best answer she could get... but something stirred in her.

"I donīt want to imagine..." she wondered what he could have meant. In her childhood, she had heard tales about monstrous beasts in the forest.... two-headded wolves, a deadly mixture between cat and spider, the works. She had never thought there might be real monsters out there. And now, a fear crept over her. Even though she knew the elves were safe, she felt a warning. And Youlielle started to be whatchful.

[ February 09, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]