View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #761
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
I won't start serious conflict until either Mellondu lets Amroth surface, or, Mellonin and Mellondu argue over whether Mellonin should go home. Mellondu will be tempted to go home himself-- unless Amroth surfaces before then; Mellonin will insist on going after Raefindan; Mellondu will come along to look after her despite her insistance that he should go home and not her.

That conflict will come up when they draw near Minas Tirith.

I want to make ***serious*** tracks southward. Conflict is fine, but we need to get through Pelennor, past Minas Tirith, and down to South Gondor. Somebody needs to get to the Paths of the Dead and find Nimrodel, whether in dreams or in real life, and the troop needs to get to either Erech or the elf-havens, to finish off the game.

IMO we are back in travelling mode, and this is a race southward to get to Nimrodel before Tharonwe does. However, Amroth can't drive that race while Amroth is submerged! The motivation will either have to be up to the elves (carrying out their king's last orders) or the friends of Raefindan will have to chase hard after Raefindan who is dragged along by Tharonwe.

If need be, I can do this with Mellonin. This soon after losing Gwyllion it's not really in character for her; she's still in shock and it would take more strength than I designed into her for her to lead the quest at this point.

However, if I have to to get the game moving, that's what I'll do.

Last edited by mark12_30; 02-03-2005 at 04:26 PM.