View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 11:24 PM   #5
ArcusCalion
Quentingolmo

ArcusCalion has just left Hobbiton.
SP-SL-03.5: If it is used later on, then I think it is fine to leave it the way you had it.

SP-SL-04: Sounds good, I will leave it in Volume 3.

SP-SL-07: I agree that it is beneficial to mention these leaders here. I would suggest this as a solution:
Quote:
SP-SL-05<LotR; Appendix B SP-SL-06 {Thranduil}[Oropher], long in{ the north of} Greenwood the Great, was one of these{.}, SP-SL-07<Editorial addtion based on The History of Galadriel and Celeborn; Appendix B as was Amdír King of Lórinand.>
This way we include the names of the Sindarin Princes of the Silvan Elves (which I agree we must do) without using the sentence from later on and messing up the continuity of the drafts.

SP-SL-12.7: Ahhh I see, I had forgotten about the supremacy of RGEO. You are right in your original draft in that case, and I rescind my suggestion.

SP-SL-15: I see now your reasoning, but I think it is better to leave the sentence off entirely then, instead of to include CT's commentary.

SP-SL-25.5/25.7: I think this change is all that is required. In later drafts re included more inserts about the changes in Sindarin due to the Silvan influence, so I do not think we need to make that explicit here. I think the {adopting}[learning] change is sufficient to set the stage, and conveys the meaning.

Last edited by ArcusCalion; 05-06-2018 at 11:48 PM.
ArcusCalion is offline   Reply With Quote