View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 07:18 AM   #22
I_Nauro_Agarithil
Newly Deceased

I_Nauro_Agarithil has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfchick7 View Post
So, I found this video on youtube and I was curious to see what the downers think of it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=JnUvw1rzziE Obviously it would have been a ridiculously fast movie and completely different from the books, but would this really even have worked? (I mean, if all it took was annoying Sauron to distract him, would it have worked?)
Mae Govannen,

I am new to this forum because I heard of a theory about this eagle matter before. The theory was that Gandalf was planning to take the fellowship (or at least Frodo & Sam) to the northern region of the misty mountains where the eagles live all along. It was said that when he was taken captive by Saruman and liberated by Gwaihir (if I'm not mistaken) he came up with this plan. While leaving Isengard safe and sound Gandalf did not directly fly to Rivendell. Instead he might have flown to the habitat of the great eagles in the Misty Mountains.

Here he came to an agreement with the eagles that they would carry him, Frodo and Sam to mordor (the other members of the fellowship weren't in the picture yet at this point). Later when Gandalf arrived in Rivendell and the plan was forged to form a fellowship. They left for the pass of Caradras, also known as the Redhorn Pass, to further evolve his secret plan. At this point of the journey he never told anyone (except the eagles ofcourse) about this plan.

When they found the pass of Caradras impossible to venture through, they decided to go through the mines of Moria. Not Gandalf's first choice but the other options were either far too dangerous or impractical because they either had to travel too far north to the eagles or risked to be discovered by wandering enemies which might have brought the secresy of his plan in danger.

Of course we all know what happened in Moria. They were ambushed by the goblins who had taken over the mines completely, not to forget the Balrog of Morgoth, which made the venture through the mines difficult. At that moment when the Balrog fell down he dragged Gandalf over the edge. Barely able to hold on Gandalf noticed that his plan had to be told without the nearby goblins to learn about the plan. So in an attempt to give away the plan to the fellowship he said the line: "Fly, you fools!", unfortunately the fellowship wasn't able to decrypt his message and therefor the plan died with Gandalf.

Now I hear you thinking "Why didn't Gandalf the White tell about this plan?" Well after his ressurection he forgot a great deal about his past life, think about it he couldn't even remember his own name from his past life up until they called him like that in Fangorn Forest let alone remember that he forged a secret plan. So this plan was after that never told about in the story anymore.

So that wraps it up, I do not know if this is truly the plan all along or if it's a fan-fiction. However it would explain a lot of questions I had on the movie, I wanted to share this information and this seemed like the perfect place to start. I would like to hear your opinions about this matter and whether or not you think this is what might have occured or not.

Thanks for your attention and my appologies for me posting a whole story but I felt like I had to.

Namarië!

Last edited by I_Nauro_Agarithil; 08-13-2014 at 08:05 AM.
I_Nauro_Agarithil is offline   Reply With Quote