View Single Post
Old 10-29-2004, 07:21 PM   #60
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

I must admit that I am somewhat alarmed at the concept that one person, or a handful of people, can or should determine what is "good" on the Downs. From a personal point of view, I fully applaud HI's taste, but I do not accept the principle. By which I mean that, in my humble opinion, the Reputation list should reflect the views of all members (or all currently active members at least), not just one or two, and we cannot expect everyone to have the time or inclination to search through a myriad of posts in order to award sufficent reputation to enable them to go back and rep a particular post that tickled their fancy.

If I see a post which I react favourably to but cannot rep because I have repped the poster recently, then I simply don't rep it. Chances are that I will rep another of that person's posts later when I am able to. Equally, I accept that not everyone who likes one of my posts will be able to rep it if they have repped me recently. To my mind, that's simply a function of the system.