View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 06:13 AM   #22
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
World-lovers and story-lovers...hmmm, interesting.
This sounds a little like the distinction I used to make between people who get completely immersed in a book and those that can enjoy the book in a more detached manner. Am I right in saying that those who value the story more are the more detached readers, those who can step back and analyse characters and situations? And the world-lovers are completely swept away and all they want is to learn more and more about this world? Based on this, you can say you'are likely to find the story-lovers lurking more in the Books and Novices sections of the forum and the world-lovers more in the Quiz Room and Quotes section, not to mention of course the RPG section, like Thinlómien already suggested.
But of course, since most of us are mixtures of both, this theory can't really be tested.

Nice quiz, mark12_30! Maybe you could post it on quizilla! Then we'll see which each of us is.