View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 11:24 PM   #338
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Hmmm, so I've finally got around to posting in this thread. I've been meaning to, but I wanted to the read the whole thing first. So now that's out of the way...

I chose my name because I love Pippin, and according to the family trees and the Tale of Years in the Appendix, he married "Diamond of Long Cleeve". I tried to use that or "Diamond Took", but they were both taken. (I was hoping to see those people in this thread, but so far I haven't come across those names anywhere).

Also, I imagine that I'm somewhat like Diamond would be. Hobbits are homebodies, but I figure that any hobbit lass who would marry Pippin would be interested in his adventures (or at least impressed by his Gondorian uniform). I like to read about danger and adventure in books and watch it in movies, but for my real life I like things nice and boring!

And the 18 is just my age. I didn't try just plain Diamond because after the first two didn't work I figured that would be taken as well. Now I wish I'd added something more interesting to "Diamond", but it's too late for that.